Nicknames
Did you have a nickname growing up? I'm talking about the kind given to identify you... not hurt you.
My dad gave all of us 4 kids nicknames. Mine was Pistol. Don't ask? My older sister's was Precious, younger sister's was Pink Spot (birth mark), and my younger brother's was Beeker. Again, don't ask?
Nicknames are embarrising when you're younger but some day you grow to love and embrace them. There's something about hearing your nickname as an adult. It's like you're attached to something bigger and deeper than your average relationships. Being with people who know your nickname can deepen you as a person.
Next Saturday I get to stand in front of a young man and young women who have obeyed the sequential order of love the way God designed it (they did it right!) and pronounce them man and wife. The man's name is Beeker, and I am so proud of him!
Did you have a nickname growing up? Due tell...
My dad gave all of us 4 kids nicknames. Mine was Pistol. Don't ask? My older sister's was Precious, younger sister's was Pink Spot (birth mark), and my younger brother's was Beeker. Again, don't ask?
Nicknames are embarrising when you're younger but some day you grow to love and embrace them. There's something about hearing your nickname as an adult. It's like you're attached to something bigger and deeper than your average relationships. Being with people who know your nickname can deepen you as a person.
Next Saturday I get to stand in front of a young man and young women who have obeyed the sequential order of love the way God designed it (they did it right!) and pronounce them man and wife. The man's name is Beeker, and I am so proud of him!
Did you have a nickname growing up? Due tell...


1 Comments:
I'm finally catching up reading your previous posts [we just got internet at the apartment!]. I [obviously] appreciated this one and I thought I would share the 2 nicknames I had growing up:
Flutterbutt [yeah, real nice]
and
Knothead [that was my softball coach, Matt, usher at the wedding. He still calls me that. We had two Kelseys on our team and I was always just Knothead.]
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home