Big Question!
I am new at this interactive journal thing. I'll get better at encouraging you to interact with me because let's face it... a one sided conversation is boring especially when I'm doing all the talking.So...I'd like to hear from you on this BIG question: Why does God exist?
(leave a comment and tell me what you think)


9 Comments:
that is too big of a question---:)
In what way?
I think God exsists to be worshipped. However, I talked to a friend of mine, a self-procaimed "reformed Jew", recently and asked him that question out of curiousity to see what his response would be and I got a completely opposite answer from my own. He said that he thinks God exists "to protect and serve his people". I think if I asked a hundred different people this question I would most likely get 100 different answers. It is a question that I don't think we as humans can fully comprehend the answer to.
Hi Scot,
God exists because He does. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. I am not trying to be funny but that's the best my finite mind can come up with after putting some thought to it. He certainly doesn't exist to serve us like a cosmic vending machine and I know we are here to worship him. Which leads me to another thought and clarification of something I said Monday night. God is love and because He is, we were created out of His love. It wasn't done because He needed someone to bow down to Him but because He loves us so much and he wants us to walk with Him. Very heavy stuff!
It seems to me that God existing to be worshipped isn't the reason why God exists. If that is true then why did he exist before he made anyone/anything to worship him?
Before the world began God still lives perfect community with himself, Father, Son and Spirit. Maybe I'm wrong but I would say Community might be a main reason why God exists. Community with himself and now community with his creation.
"Ehyeh asher ehyeh"
I wish I knew if there is any exsistance, No Big Bang, unknown creation, only possible proof is in the Bible which was written by people we never new. I wish I knew but some of the greatest leaders of all time in the past had their days and were wrong. What about Our leaders? Where is the proof if we have to wait until death to find out? Then what happens if we die and there is nothing, just like sleeping, you generally don't know you are sleeping so if your soul did not go to heaven or hell and your body just rotted away in the ground, it would be the same as sleeping. That's when we, or at least I, will know.
because "HE IS . . ."
the ". . .I AM"
Brent is on the right track, from our human perspective. The best answer so far! Are my buttons bursting?
This side of heaven,through His Word,we know of the existance of the Tri-Unity before creation and He didn't 'need' but desired to create. We see in a mirror dimley BUT in eternity we will "know as we are known" then just maybe we will know the 'why' answers IF we in fact will at that time of existance care about anything but worshipping.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home