Outward Circumstances Quote
Ok…I just read such an amazing quote I had to share it because it confirmed what I learned this past fall when I was struggling with outward circumstances.
Remember how I’ve talked about our soul is made up of 3 things: mind, will, and emotions (see "body, soul, and spirit" below). The author of this quote was a Chinese missionary in communist China from the 1920’s-1950’s. In 1952 he was imprisoned for his faith and became very ill during the last few years of his life. In 1972 (20 years!!!) he died of some illness.
On the day he died, he managed to send a letter to his family and he said “even in my sickness I remain joyful at heart.” But that’s not the quote I wanted to share with you. I just wanted you to know that the guy who wrote this next quote knew what he was talking about.
Listen to what Watchman Nee says: “The greatest hindrance to the experiences of the growth in life are not outward circumstances and environmental hardships; rather, they are a mind in need of renewing, a will in need of submission to God, and emotions in need of stability.”
Oh, how true that is!
Remember how I’ve talked about our soul is made up of 3 things: mind, will, and emotions (see "body, soul, and spirit" below). The author of this quote was a Chinese missionary in communist China from the 1920’s-1950’s. In 1952 he was imprisoned for his faith and became very ill during the last few years of his life. In 1972 (20 years!!!) he died of some illness.
On the day he died, he managed to send a letter to his family and he said “even in my sickness I remain joyful at heart.” But that’s not the quote I wanted to share with you. I just wanted you to know that the guy who wrote this next quote knew what he was talking about.
Listen to what Watchman Nee says: “The greatest hindrance to the experiences of the growth in life are not outward circumstances and environmental hardships; rather, they are a mind in need of renewing, a will in need of submission to God, and emotions in need of stability.”
Oh, how true that is!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home