Friday, August 08, 2008

The Dark Knight

What happens to a culture who's most influential medium, media arts, has become masterful at eroding a foundation of truth and trust?

My wife and I went to see the new Batman on my birthday. From an entertainment standpoint, it was incredible and probably one of the best written movies I've seen. Usually, when you see a good movie you leave saying, "That was a good movie!" I left Batman saying, "Whoooooa."

Back to the question. Answer: Look around!

On the way home all I could think about was the Tower of Babble (Gen. 11). Man had become masterful in using their intelligence and creativity to fuel their sinful depravity and out of God's mercy He came down to stop them. Satan, the prince of this world and all it's systems, would want nothing more than to erode our foundation of truth and trust to open us up and drive his message home. The message he's been preaching since Adam and Eve.

If you haven't seen this movie and are planning on seeing it, can I make a suggestion. Watch it with spiritual eyes and ask God to protect your mind from powerfully suggestive messages that oppose Biblical truth.

We are the light of the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home