AN EXTRODINARY DAY!
I realized something the other day that will probably effect most of my days in the future. The realization was this: Today can either be an ordinary day or an extraordinary day, and God has given me the choice. That realization led to this decision: I CHOOSE EXTRODINARY!

I am not talking about the power of positive thinking. I am talking about a Spirit-led convition that every moment God gives me can be an extrodinary moment if I am fully surrendered to His Spirit, fully aware of my surroundings, and fully obedient to His leading. I suspect I won't be perfect at this, but I will wake up every day and recommit to this decision.
Yesterday was an extrodinary day! I got up early and spend time reading a book written by a dead thinker and the book written by God. I went to the gym and worked out listening to a pastor named Matt Chandler talk about the question that haunts him (which turns out to be a question that haunts me too - more on that later). At church I made some head way on the fall Life Group series. I had lunch with a guy and felt fulfilment and fruitfullness in my role as a pastor. I spent the afternoon calling people who turned in cards from the weekend service, letting them know we value them. I went home for dinner and ate with my family. Then I came back to church to meet with 12 guys who desire to live as free men, lead their families, and help other men do the same. It was a powerful evening!

But, I'd have to say, the greatest part about yesterday was summed up in this picture. After dinner I played baseball with my son for the first time! I saw him light up when I'd throw him the ball and he'd try to hit it. I would trade all the other moments of yesterday for that one!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home