Love Hate Relationship With Change
I don't do well in transition, yet I love when I come out on the other end.
When things get stirred up and the dust has not settled, subconsciously I just throw everything up in the air and hope for the best. Not proud of that, just sayin... Its like I go through this weird period where I spend too much time trying to figure out what it will be like when the dust settles and not enough time living in the now. A friend has recently pointed out the problem with living in the future... I am beginning to know what he means. I spend an unhealthy amount of time trying to picture what will be like and then I spend more time trying to think logically about my expectations so that I am not disappointed with some fantasy world I'm creating. In doing this it's easy to neglect the now. It's a viscous cycle.
HOWEVER, in the midst of all this I get excited about the stretching and growth that will take place in the "change." I have a love hate relationship with change. It is a beautiful thing. Re-evaluating. Re-focusing. Re-commitments. Painfully good change. Uncomfortable and stretching growth.
Our family is making a BIG move and will be going through BIG changes. I am anxiously excited about it all! To be honest, more excited than anxious. Which if you know me is not normally the case.
I am convinced that I need Jesus more than ever before! Lord, have your way in me.
When things get stirred up and the dust has not settled, subconsciously I just throw everything up in the air and hope for the best. Not proud of that, just sayin... Its like I go through this weird period where I spend too much time trying to figure out what it will be like when the dust settles and not enough time living in the now. A friend has recently pointed out the problem with living in the future... I am beginning to know what he means. I spend an unhealthy amount of time trying to picture what will be like and then I spend more time trying to think logically about my expectations so that I am not disappointed with some fantasy world I'm creating. In doing this it's easy to neglect the now. It's a viscous cycle.
HOWEVER, in the midst of all this I get excited about the stretching and growth that will take place in the "change." I have a love hate relationship with change. It is a beautiful thing. Re-evaluating. Re-focusing. Re-commitments. Painfully good change. Uncomfortable and stretching growth.
Our family is making a BIG move and will be going through BIG changes. I am anxiously excited about it all! To be honest, more excited than anxious. Which if you know me is not normally the case.
I am convinced that I need Jesus more than ever before! Lord, have your way in me.


1 Comments:
Get out of my head!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home