Quick, easy, and painless please!
How often do we pray for things to go quick, easy, and painless?
I realized that about myself about a month ago when someone asked me to pray for them. They asked me to pray that everything would go easy and smooth when they faced a difficult conversation with someone. Knowing the situation pretty well, I couldn't in good conscience pray for that. I felt like they preferred it to go easy and smooth so they wouldn't have to grow.
I've reflected back to countless times in my life when I've prayed a similar prayer. It's kind of like the prayer you pray when you know about a test, don't study and ask God to help you pass anyway. I've done that! What's up with that? I probably have done that more than I'd care to admit. "God, please make it quick, easy and painless so I don't have to be inconvienced, uncomfortable, or change!"
Someone has said that one of the most discusting sights in the human experience is the sight of a spoiled brat complaining about life being so hard. Ouch!
When will we learn that God loves us so much that He often allows the slow, hard, and painful route for our growth, maturity, and perseverance. And, so we can learn to be joyful in all circumstances. Anyone can have joy when things are quick, easy, and painless. With God, you can be joyful during the slow, hard, and painful circumstances.
Anyone else notice that about themselves too?
I realized that about myself about a month ago when someone asked me to pray for them. They asked me to pray that everything would go easy and smooth when they faced a difficult conversation with someone. Knowing the situation pretty well, I couldn't in good conscience pray for that. I felt like they preferred it to go easy and smooth so they wouldn't have to grow.
I've reflected back to countless times in my life when I've prayed a similar prayer. It's kind of like the prayer you pray when you know about a test, don't study and ask God to help you pass anyway. I've done that! What's up with that? I probably have done that more than I'd care to admit. "God, please make it quick, easy and painless so I don't have to be inconvienced, uncomfortable, or change!"
Someone has said that one of the most discusting sights in the human experience is the sight of a spoiled brat complaining about life being so hard. Ouch!
When will we learn that God loves us so much that He often allows the slow, hard, and painful route for our growth, maturity, and perseverance. And, so we can learn to be joyful in all circumstances. Anyone can have joy when things are quick, easy, and painless. With God, you can be joyful during the slow, hard, and painful circumstances.
Anyone else notice that about themselves too?


1 Comments:
I don't always like to hear the quote but it is definitely a recalibrating one, "God is more concerned with our holiness than our happiness." Yikes.
Good post brosky.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home